When we arrived at India Gate, the tall arched structure in New Delhi symbolizing democracy and freedom for the 1.1 billion people of India, we found that the local tourists visiting from other parts of India were not taking pictures of this impressive international symbol. Nope. They were taking pictures of Lindsay and I. Not only were pictures being taken, many people approached us to ask if they could take pictures with us! We were suddenly, rock stars.
This was a pretty fun occurrence.... for about 20 minutes. :) After a few days of this attention, Lindsay and I decided it would be a little difficult being famous! Almost everywhere we went, we got the same attention - I felt I had finally arrived!! :) Now granted, I would like to think that I got as much attention as Lindsay simply because I looked famous, but the fact is, she got more attention than I did. Perhaps it is because she is a tall 5 foot 10 inches with blond hair walking among only Indian populations as far as the eye could see? You be the judge.
As for our time in India - we had an incredible stay. Our friends were so gracious and hospitable, we laughed a lot and enjoyed the amazing sites of their wonderful country. During our time there, I was able to accomplish another one of my lifelong goals - to visit the Taj Mahal!! And though we wanted to be anonymous there, we were soon discovered and pictures were taken of us and with us by the other visiting Indian tourists. Can you see why we would be so interesting, compared to one of the great wonders of the world? I just hated that we were taking attention away from the main attraction - the Taj Mahal. (just kidding, we were most amused by the attention we were getting). The Taj Mahal was an absolutely amazing place - no doubt about it. Here is a picture of us visiting there!
Once we left India, our Rock Star status left us as well. Oh well, it was fun (well, some of it) while it lasted. India was a great time for both of us - a great land of contrast.
God bless,
JB and Lindsay
No comments:
Post a Comment