It has been a LONG time since our last blog, so we're sorry we haven't been keeping you all in the loop. We've been very, very busy! After returning from Central Asia, we spent a little time in DC visiting friends. Then we drove down to South Carolina for my sister's wedding. Then we drove to Texas to visit our families and check out my campus in Ft. Worth. This entire time we have felt exactly like the Beverly Hillbillies. We would even start singing the song when we got in the car, because our car was so loaded up with all of our stuff that we were moving back to Texas. We left the loaded-down car in Texas, though, so now we don't feel quite as hillbilly-ish.
After a great Easter with JB's family and a fun weekend in Vegas for the National Bowling Tournment, we are now in...Phoenix! And I just want to say that I think Phoenix is fabulous! I think I fell in love with this place instantly! With lots of sun, warmth, and palm trees, what else could you possibly ask for? :) It's beautiful! I commented to JB that the people here generally look pretty happy and healthy...probably because they ARE happy and healthy! We are here to visit with friends who moved here from DC, and it is so great to see them again. JB has been a little under the weather since Las Vegas, but hopefully he'll be feeling better soon so that we can go out and explore a little before we have to leave. I would love to visit Frank Lloyd Wright's home, climb up Camelback Mountain, and do some golfing, but unfortunately we won't have time for all of that. I guess I'll just have to come back sometime for another visit... :)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you have started your adventure! Hope you are having a safe and fun trip! I am so jealous if you get to visit Frank Lloyd Wright's home. I just wrapped up reading the novel Loving Frank and when you mentioned him it sparked my interest. Be safe your travels and keep us all posted!
ReplyDeleteAmy