It is very cold here. Many times the outside temperature is warmer than in the houses. Electricity goes out in this city from 11 pm to 5:3o am every night - that means, no heat in the houses at night, although there isn't much heat during the day either. Today the electricity did not come on until 1:30 pm. Needless to say, that is a little bit of a cultural difference to Lindsay and me! She is lucky I am full of hot air to keep her warm. :)
We learned yesterday that when we get to our remote village, there is no running water and no indoor plumbing (there is literally an outhouse!) I watched Lindsay's expression, and she was a champ - ready to adapt as needed in a much different culture and a much different way of life. I just hope I can make that adaptation as well as she can!
We are safe and sound, looking forward to a very unique experience during the next two months. Until our next blog, keep smiling and remember how blessed we are to have the many comforts we often take for granted in the United States.
God bless,
JB and Lindsay
Wow! Tell Lindsay that I am booking several spa treatments for her when we go to Vegas...she will deserve them! Keep us posted...it's so neat to get to live these adventures through you! I love you!
ReplyDelete